Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mel's 50th Bday

Today is a special day. Today is the day my mother, the Melody Rogers, turns 50 – YES THE BIG 50!!

In contemplating what I should write to send her warm wishes for her birthday, all my ideas fell short to the amazing woman that she is. How could one birthday blog possibly contain everything I would want to say about the woman who has been my constant over the last 24 years? With this dilemma, I turned to Proverbs 31:10-31, the Hymn to a Good Wife. I pulled the verses that remind me of my mother.

Proverbs 31:10-13 (MSG)

A good woman is hard to find,
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long.

She’s up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day.

First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
She is skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,
diligent in homemaking.

She’s quick to assist anyone in need.

she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says in kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
and keeps them busy and productive.

Her children respect her and bless her;
her husband joins in with words of praise:
“Many woman have done wonderful things,
but you’ve outclassed them all!”
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.
The woman to be admired and praised
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!
Festoon her life with praises!

MOM – Happy Birthday. I love you. Thanks for always being there; highs to lows, you are always in my corner. No matter where I am, from NYC to Hong Kong to London to Dallas, you are always with me. My life is blessed because of you.

Hope all your birthday wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment