Thursday, May 21, 2009

Enough

Lately, I have been overwhelmed with the feeling of not being enough - inadequacy actually. At work, the projects are stacked on my desk. It seems as soon as I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, two more urgent and time consuming items need my attention. There are friends back in Texas that I have kept in touch with well enough. There are friendships here that I haven't given enough of my time and efforts. And in one recent relationship, I came up short in numerous areas.

Last week, the preacher at my church talked about receiving identity in Christ rather than striving to achieve identify as the world does. I know that I am striving to achieve my identity and hence, my enough problem. But how do you receive identity? Insert Sunday School answer here - "Well Riley through faith of course." Ok yes, but really how? On a day to day, hour by hour, minute by minute basis, what do I do differently?

I have had this question bouncing around my head and heart since Sunday. This morning in my quiet time, I came across this verse. "My grace is enough; it's all you need." 2 Corinthians 12:9 MSG.

There is nothing that I can do but trust in God and His amazing grace and that will be more than enough in any and all areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment